Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What I read on my spring vacation

Just got back from 10 days in France. That's me and the hubby in front of the Eiffel Tower, where I had a mild fear-of-heights attack at the top. What was I thinking? We did a bit of siteseeing in Paris, chanted in Latin at the monastery at Taize in the Burgandy region and then relaxed for four days in Provence, including a few days right on the Mediterranean at La Ciotat. Of course we ate lots of bread and cheese and drank lots of wine.

My idea of a good vacation is having plenty of time to read, and this one delivered. I finished two novels and two non-fiction books. (Also did some catching up on reading Publishers Weekly magazine.) Look here soon for my opinions of:

  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • Death by Suburb by Dave Goetz
  • Brother Roger of Taize: Essential Writings by Brother Schutz
  • Home for the Holidays by Debbie Macomber

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness--did Ed help you down from the Eiffel Tower? Sorry I wasn't there to assist. I'm interested to hear what you thought of Lovely Bones.--Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home