Sunday, June 18, 2006

"Cherry Cheesecake Murder" by Joanne Fluke (Kensington, 2006)

I've already confessed my addiction to light murder mysteries, so I might as well go all the way and admit that some of my favorites are what the book biz calls "cozys," I guess because they're not too scary. And I have a particular penchant for the many series that pair the mystery story with recipes (or even craft and knitting patterns.)

After I finished the whole series (so far) by Diane Mott Davidson, I found a similar series by Joanne Fluke, featuring Minnesota baker Hannah Swensen. This summer I read her newest one, Cherry Cheesecake Murder. Although I'm starting to tire of the love triangle after several books of that same storyline, I still like the stories and the series.

And, as a huge cheesecake lover, I enjoyed reading the recipes, including one for cheesecake made with mayonnaise. But to be honest, I've never tried any of them, since they're all for baked goods and I probably gain a few pounds just reading them. If you want to try them, visit her site, MurderSheBaked.com, which has a few recipes as well as info about the author and her writing.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Barb said...

How do you post these photos to your pages? I wish I had thought of scanning or whatever you do. Hmmm. I use Allconsuming.net to post book pics to my link side, but it's just a list of books I've read and it's continually replaced. I do like that there are reviews on there though, as sometimes it convinces me to read a book I may have set aside (like the Piano Tuner). Then again, sometimes I find the reviews all wrong, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home